Aug 05, 2000

Home Up

 

Ross and I got together to do full power tests of a DC conversion I've been working on. We also tested his new camera, trying various configurations to get the best arc pictures.

 

P1010003-web.jpg (29158 bytes) P1010004-web.jpg (34128 bytes) P1010006-retouched-web.jpg (10817 bytes)

P1010009-web.jpg (41916 bytes) P1010016-web.jpg (28549 bytes) P1010018-web.jpg (22936 bytes)

Pictures and measurements we took while running in DC mode. To see more information on the DC Coil conversion click here.

 

P1010028b.jpg (9715 bytes) P1010031b.jpg (9042 bytes) P1010035b-web.jpg (11663 bytes)

P1010041b.jpg (12193 bytes) P1010045b.jpg (12115 bytes) P1010053b.jpg (12597 bytes)

P1010055b.jpg (11721 bytes) P1010056b.jpg (10994 bytes) P1010075b.jpg (11496 bytes)

Al these shots were taken with Ross' new Olympus C3000z in manual mode. The best exposures were f2.8 at 1/4 to 1/2 a second. It was very important to add additional light for the arc pictures to come out (weird but additional lighting made the arcs show up better). For lighting we used a pair of 40w reflector bulbs in lighting cans I made. The bulbs were run at 40 to 60% of their rated voltage.

 

Questions and comments                Copyright 1997,2006 Brian D. Basura                This site was last updated 04/02/06